Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Home Repairs Bite

My husband and I have been steadily working on my mom's old and very large house...getting new tile in, cutting down old trees, getting rid of junk and replacing doors. It bites having a huge, old house. Too expensive and too much work.

My dream is to have a small, clean, non-cluttered and efficient cabin that is under 1,300 square feet with solar power, a water catchment and gray-water system. A small woodstove and radiant heating. Nothing fancy...just warm and easy to care for.

1 Comments:

At 8:48 AM, Blogger tinyyellowteardrop said...

I agree, Jack. Most people my age want the biggest house they can afford. I guess they think that the bigger the better and the more money they will make when they sell. When I show them pictures of the house I want they can't even imagine living in a house so small. !! There is a lack of smaller, affordable housing in my area...but when they are on the market, they are sold the next day. Hmmm...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home